Error Code 30015-1007 (123) : Microsoft Office 365 Office 2016 Office 2013 error Code 30015-1007 (123) is shown to the users whenever there are any issues with the firewall rules. Firewall rules may be too hard/tight to let office makes an internet connection with the update. Firewalls are used to protect the system from hackers and other intruders such as Trojan etc. so the policies employed by the firewalls at corporates can be very specific and tight to be broken and thereby evoking error Code 30015-1007 (123).
Microsoft Office 365 Office 2016 Office 2013 error Code 30015-1007 (123)
Temporarily disable Antivirus software and Firewall
a. Temporarily turn Off Windows Firewall.
- Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type firewall, and then click Windows Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click Turn off Windows Firewall under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click OK.
b. Temporarily turn Off Antivirus Software
- Go to Start button , clicking Control Panel, and then, under System and Security, clicking Review your computer’s status.
- Click the arrow button next to Security to expand the section. If Windows can detect your antivirus software, it’s listed under Virus protection
- If the software is on, check the Help that came with the software for information on disabling it.
System File Checker for fix the error code 30015-1007 (123)
System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search
- Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt
- Click Run as administrator
- At the command prompt, type the command sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER:
The sfc/scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy
Try installing from another location
If you’re trying to install at work or at school, the network may be limited in a way that won’t allow Office to install. If this is the case, take your device home, to a friend’s house, or to a wireless hotspot, and then try installing Office again. After it’s installed, you’ll be able to use it at work or school as if you had installed it there.
NOTE If you need to install Office from work or school, your IT departmentmight be able to help you deal with any network limitations.
Repair the error code 30015-1007 (123) process for an Office Click-to-Run application does not start
Microsoft Office 365 Office 2016 Office 2013 error Code 30015-1007 (123) is generated due to an existing installation of Microsoft Office suite in the system. Reason can be anything, there might be an important .dll file missing or some core file was deleted accidently etc.
To repair the Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps as appropriate for the version of Windows that the computer is running.
- Right-click the Start button .
- Under Programs, click or tap Uninstall a program.
- Click or tap Microsoft Office 365, and then click or tap Change.
- Click or tap Quick Repair, and then click or tap Repair
Microsoft Office 365 Office 2016 Office 2013 error Code 30015-1007 (123) has nothing to do with the new installation, internet connection. Simply the already installed office installed system has gone corrupt by some means either by virus, malware or something user did unaware of the consequences giving rise to error Code 30015-1007 (123).
Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount.
2. Enter the username and password.
3. Click on the Install button
4. Click on downloaded file and installation prepares.
5. Office installation will start after checking and preparing the configuration.
Follow the simple onscreen instructions.
Once installation is completed, click on All Done button.
Now, the Office Suite is installed and ready for use and the error code 30015-1007 (123) is fixed
You may check if the Microsoft Office applications are working fine.