This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error 80070BC9 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like:
– Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 94 updates
– Windows Update is set to automatically update and it constantly fails to update one important update – Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976098)
Error(s) found: Code 80070BC9 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
Cause of 80070BC9 Windows Update Error Code
- Application Conflict
- Temp store location contains active threat
How to fix Windows Error Code 80070BC9
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Check for corrupt system files
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type CMD and Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “os” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
You can contact our 24×7 customer Live Technician for any help during the whole process.
In most cases Microsoft Windows update error code 80070BC9 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.