This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook “We’re Sorry But Microsoft Office Has Run Into An Error That Is Preventing It From Working Correctly” error code if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Cause of Outlook Error Code ‘We’re Sorry But Microsoft Office Has Run Into An Error That Is Preventing It From Working Correctly’
- Windows Firewall blocking the installation
- Temporary files location contains active malware
How to Resolve Outlook Error
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
1. In Start Search box type Firewall.cpl
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Check Proxy Settings:
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type CMD and Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
You can contact our 24×7 Live support for any help during the whole process.
In most cases ‘We’re Sorry But Microsoft Office Has Run Into An Error That Is Preventing It From Working Correctly’ error should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.