This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook “The Operation Cannot Be Performed Because The Message Has Been Changed” error if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)“]
|Avg. Time to Resolve Issue||40 mins|
|Log Name:||Microsoft Outlook <version> 9.95|
|Source:||Incompatible System Files|
Cause of Outlook Error Code ‘The Operation Cannot Be Performed Because The Message Has Been Changed ‘
- Incompatible Internet proxy configuration
- Junk store location is infected with active threat
How to fix Outlook Error Code
Step 1: Check Windows Firewall
1. In Start Search box type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases Outlook error code ‘The Operation Cannot Be Performed Because The Message Has Been Changed’ should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.