This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code ‘The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000018’ if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while opening or launching office.
This solution applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of this Error Code
- You will get an error when launching/configuring Microsoft Office. The error may look like “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000018. Click Ok To Close The Application“.
- High memory usage
- Microsoft Office Application Will Stop.
Cause of Error Code 0xc0000018
- Corrupt System Files
- Internet connectivity issue
- System Level Conflict
Steps to resolve Error Code 0xc0000018Step 1 Steps to perform Disk cleanup
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialog Box will open up.
2. Enter Cleanmgr and Press OK.
3. Drive Selection Box will pop up. Select the OS drive and Click OK.
4. Check all the check boxes and press OK.
Step 2 Verify Internet explorer Settings
1. In Start Search box type Internet Explorer
2. Click on “Internet Explorer”.
3. Goto Tools and Select Internet Options
4. Select Security Tab and Click on “Reset all zones to default level” if the button is active.
5. Press OK.
In most cases Microsoft office error code the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000018 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: