This document explains how to fix Sorry We’re Having Trouble Starting Outlook. Only One Version Of Outlook Can Run At A Time error if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Cause of Outlook Error Code
- Proxy issue
- Microsoft Outlook internal Application Conflict
Steps to resolve Sorry We’re Having Trouble Starting Outlook. Only One Version Of Outlook Can Run At A Time Error Code
Step 1: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter “Outlook /safe” and Click OK.
Step 2: Check Proxy Server Settings
1. Press down Windows Key + R and Type “CMD” (without quotes)
2. Hit Enter key
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.You can contact our 24×7 Live support for any help during the whole process.
In most cases Sorry We’re Having Trouble Starting Outlook. Only One Version Of Outlook Can Run At A Time error code should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.