This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook “Pop3 error outlook ” error code if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Error Code Log
Avg. Time to Resolve Issue
Microsoft Outlook <version> 8.16
Also known as:
Outlook fehler code, foutcode, fejlkode, code d’erreur, codice di errore, feil kode, cod de eroare, código de error
Faulting Application Name: Microsoft Outlook <Application name>, version: 2.9.2577.16426, time stamp: 0×22672177
Faulting module name: Outlook log.dll, version: 3.3.9982.35333
Junk files location is infected with active threat
Steps to resolve Outlook Error
Step 1: Check Windows Firewall
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Start Outlook in Safe Mode
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter “Outlook /safe” and Press OK.
In most cases Outlook error code should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Outlook Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.