This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook Upgrade In Progress Stuck error code if it is not working properly or throwing an error while updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
|Avg. Time to Resolve Issue||40 mins|
|Log Name:||Microsoft Outlook <version> 5.73|
Cause of Outlook Upgrade In Progress Stuck Error Code
- Internet connectivity issue
- Junk files location contains active malware
Steps to resolve Outlook Upgrade In Progress Stuck Error
Step 1: Check Windows Firewall :
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Start Outlook in Safe Mode:
1. Hold Win Key + R and Type “Outlook /safe”
2. Click OK.
In most cases Outlook Upgrade In Progress Stuck error code should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.