This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook “Outlook Error Synchronizing Folder” error code if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Error Code Log
Avg. Time to Resolve Issue
Microsoft Outlook <version> 9.29
Windows update Conflict
Also known as:
Outlook fehler code, foutcode, fejlkode, code d’erreur, codice di errore, feil kode, cod de eroare, código de error
Faulting Application Name: Microsoft Outlook <Application name>, version: 9.8.1042.02128, time stamp: 0×96901642
Faulting module name: Outlook event.dll, version: 5.5.2316.10970
Junk files location is infected with active threat
How to Resolve Outlook Error Code ‘Outlook Error Synchronizing Folder’
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting
1. In Start Search box type Windows Firewall
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Start Outlook in Safe Mode:
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter “Outlook /safe” and Press OK.
In most cases Outlook Error Synchronizing Folder error should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Outlook Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.