This document explains how to fix This Application Has Failed To Start Because Msvcr80.dll Was Not Found Outlook error code if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
|Avg. Time to Resolve Issue||30 mins|
|Log Name:||Microsoft Outlook <version> 5.09|
|Also known as:||Outlook fehler code, foutcode, fejlkode, code d’erreur, codice di errore, feil kode, cod de eroare, código de error|
Cause of This Application Has Failed To Start Because Msvcr80.dll Was Missing Error Code
- Windows Firewall blocking the installation
- Temporary files location contains active threat
How to fix Outlook Error
Step 1: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type “Outlook /safe” and Press OK.
Step 2: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
1. Press Win Key + R and Enter “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases This Application Has Failed To Start Because Msvcr80.dll Was Not Found error should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.