This document explains how to fix Outlook Cannot Connect To Your Outgoing Smtp Email Server At&t error if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Cause of Outlook Error Code
- Windows Firewall blocking the installation
- Temporary store location contains active threat
Steps to resolve Outlook Cannot Connect To Your Outgoing Smtp Email Server At&t Error Code
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting
1. In Start Search box type Firewall.cpl
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Temporarily Disable any installed 3rd Party Antivirus
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases Outlook Cannot Connect To Your Outgoing Smtp Email Server At&t error should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.