This document explains how to fix Outlook Cannot Connect To Your Outgoing (Smtp) E-mail Server error if it is not working properly or throwing an error while configuring , updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Error Code Log
Avg. Time to Resolve Issue
Microsoft Outlook <version> 2.58
Also known as:
Outlook fehler code, foutcode, fejlkode, code d’erreur, codice di errore, feil kode, cod de eroare, código de error
Faulting Application Name: Microsoft Outlook <Application name>, version: 7.0.9539.11484, time stamp: 0×13018788
Faulting module name: Outlook update.dll, version: 8.7.1653.41269
Cause of Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing smtp email server Error
Temporary Internet store location is infected with active threat
Steps to resolve Outlook Error
Step 1: Check Windows Firewall
1. In Start Search box type Firewall.cpl
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Disable Proxy:
1. In Start Searchbox type “CMD” (without qoutes)
2. Click on CMD.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
In most cases Outlook error should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Outlook Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.