This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error code 530 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
The error message may look like: ‘Cannot send the message. 530 Authentication Required.‘
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
Step 1: Check Windows Firewall :
1. Hold Win Key + R and Enter Firewall.cpl
2. Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Temporarily Disable any installed 3rd Party Antivirus:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases Outlook error 530 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Outlook Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.