This document explains how to fix Outlook 2013 Constantly Crashing error. The error generally occurs while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Cause of Outlook 2013 Constantly Crashing
- DNS Conflict
- Junk store location is infected with active threat
Steps to resolve Outlook Error
Step 1: Check System Integrity
1. In Start Searchbox type “CMD” (without quotes)
2. Click on CMD
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
You can contact our 24×7 customer Live Technician for any help during the whole process.
Step 2: Check Windows Firewall
1. Press Win Key + R and Enter “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases Outlook error code should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.