This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x8004A164 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
The error may look like:
1) Task reported error (0x8004102A) : ‘Error with Send/Receive’.
2) There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 80041004.’
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Cause of 0x8004A164 Outlook Error Code
- Windows Firewall blocking the installation
- Junk store location is infected with active threat
How to Resolve Outlook Error 0x8004A164
Step 1: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
1. Hold Win Key + R and Type “Outlook /safe” (without quotes)
2. Press OK.
Step 2: Check for system corruption
1. Press Win Key + R and Type cmd
2. Click OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “operating system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
You can contact our 24×7 customer Live Technician for any help during the whole process.
In most cases Outlook error 0x8004A164 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.