This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x8004210A if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
The error may look like:
- Task ‘servername.com-Receiving’ reported error (0x8004210A) : ‘The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
- ‘Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)
The error generally appears in following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Cause of 0x8004210A Outlook Error Code
- Internet connectivity issue
- System DLL files conflict
How to fix Outlook Error 0x8004210A
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type “Outlook /safe” and Click OK.
In most cases Outlook error 0x8004210A should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.