This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x80042108 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
The error message may look like: Task ‘yourname.com – Receiving’ reported error (0x80042108): ‘Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
Temp store location is infected with active malware
How to fix Outlook Error 0x80042108
Step 1: Start Outlook in Safe Mode 1. Press Win Key + R and Type “Outlook /safe” (without quotes)
2. Click OK.
Step 2:Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily :
1. Press Win Key + R and Type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases Outlook error code 0x80042108 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Outlook Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.