This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x8004010F if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
The error message may look like:
- Task – Receiving’ reported error (0x8004010F) : ‘Outlook data file cannot be accessed.’
- Task – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x8004010F) : ‘Outlook data file cannot be accessed.’
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Cause of 0x8004010F Outlook Error Code
- Internet connectivity issue
- System Level Conflict
How to Resolve Outlook Error 0x8004010F
Step 1: Temporarily Disable any installed 3rd Party Antivirus:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
Step 2: Check Windows Firewall
1. In Start Search box type Firewall.cpl
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases Outlook error code 0x8004010F should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.