This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error code 0x80020401 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
The error may look like:
POP Account Sending Error 0x80020401
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Error InformationError Descripton
Error 0x80020401 Outlook Overview
Total Incidents Recorded
Issues Resolved (Percentage)
Also Known as
Outlook fehler code 0x80020401, foutcode 0x80020401, fejlkode 0x80020401, code d’erreur 0x80020401, codice di errore 0x80020401, feil kode 0x80020401, cod de eroare 0x80020401, código de error 0x80020401
0x80020401 Error Code Log
Avg. Time to Resolve Issue
Microsoft Outlook <version> 4.80
Windows update Conflict
Faulting Application Name: Microsoft Outlook <Application name>, version: 7.9.2400.69957, time stamp: 0×99792476
Faulting module name: Outlook error.dll, version: 4.0.1561.04734
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily :
1. Press Windows Key + R and Enter “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Check for system corruption:
1. Press Windows Key + R and Enter cmd
2. Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “os” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
In most cases Outlook error code 0x80020401 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Outlook Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.