This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Install Error Code 3-4 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while installing or reinstalling office. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016.
The error Something went wrong generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code 3-4
- You will get errors while opening/installing Microsoft Office. The error may look like “Something went wrong. Error code Something went wrong”.
- Slows down overall system speed
- Microsoft Office stops responding.
Cause of Office Install Error Code 3-4
- Corrupt Office installation files
- Windows Firewall blocking the installation
- Temporary files location is infected with active malware
How to Resolve Office Install Error Code 3-4Step 1 Check Proxy Settings:
1. In Start Searchbox type “CMD” (without qoutes)
2. Click on CMD.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
Step 2 Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
Step 3 Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting :
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases error code Something went wrong should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: