This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 0x803f7001 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like:
– Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 36 updates
Error(s) found: Code 0x803f7001 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
Cause of 0x803f7001 Windows Update Error Code
- Incompatible Internet proxy configuration
- Temporary files location contains active threat
How to fix Windows Error Code 0x803f7001
Step 1: Check if your network is behind Proxy:
1. Press Windows Key + R and Enter CMD
2. Click OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
You can contact our 24×7 Live support for any help during the whole process.
Step 2: Check for corrupt system files:
1. In Start Searchbox type “cmd” (without quotes)
2. Click on CMD
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “operating system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
You can contact our 24×7 customer Live Technician for any help during the whole process.
In most cases Microsoft Windows update error 0x803f7001 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.