This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error Either There Is No Default Mail Client Or The Current Mail Client Cannot Fulfill The Messaging Request. Please Run Microsoft Outlook And Set It As The Default Mail Client if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 365
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
|Avg. Time to Resolve Issue||50 mins|
|Log Name:||Microsoft Outlook <version> 6.96|
|Also known as:||Outlook fehler code, foutcode, fejlkode, code d’erreur, codice di errore, feil kode, cod de eroare, código de error|
Cause of Outlook Error Code
- Windows Firewall blocking the installation
- Temporary Internet store location is infected with active threat
How to fix Outlook Error Code
Step 1: Check Proxy Server Settings:
1. In Start Searchbox type CMD
2. Click on CMD.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
You can contact our 24×7 Live support for any help during the whole process.
Step 2: Check Windows Firewall Settings
1. In Start Search box type Windows Firewall
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases Outlook Either There Is No Default Mail Client Or The Current Mail Client Cannot Fulfill The Messaging Request error code should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.