This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office preinstalled Office Error code 772 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error 772 generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will get error messages while launching/configuring MS Office
- System takes longer time to boot
- Ms Office Application Will Stop.
Cause of 772 Error Code
- Corrupt Office application files
- DNS Conflict
- System DLL files conflict
How to Resolve Error Code 772Step 1 Steps to do Disk cleanup:
1. Hold Win Key + R and Enter “Cleanmgr” (without quotes)
2. Press OK.
3. Drive Selection Box will pop up. Select your Operating System drive and Click OK.
4. Check all the check boxes and click OK.
Step 2 Check System Integrity:
1. Press Windows Key + R and Enter “CMD” (without quotes)
2. Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “operating system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
In most cases error code 772 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: