This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 3088-13 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while installing or reinstalling office. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error 3088-13 generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will receive an Error Message while installing/updating/reinstalling Microsoft Office
- System may stay hung time to time
- Ms Office Application Will stop working.
Cause of 3088-13 Error Code
- Corrupt Office applications
- Windows Firewall blocking the installation
- Junk files location contains active malware
How to Resolve Error Code 3088-13Step 1 Check Internet explorer Settings :
1. Press Windows Key + R and Type “iexplore” (without quotes)
2. Press OK.
3. Goto Tools and Select Internet Options
4. Select Security Tab and Click on “Reset all zones to default level” if the button is active.
5. Press OK.
Step 2 Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily :
1. In Start Search box type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 3 Check for corrupt system files:
1. Press Win Key + R and Type cmd
2. Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “os” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
In most cases error code 3088-13 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: