This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 30183-28 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while activating, installing or reinstalling Microsoft office. This solutions applies for Office 365, Office 2016, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office home and Office 2013. The error code 30183-28 generally occurs while installing Office, activating , reinstalling, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will get error message when activating/opening/configuring Microsoft Office
- System may hang time to time
- Microsoft Office freezes time to time.
Cause of 30183-28 Error Code
- Corrupt System Files
- DNS Conflict
- System DLL files conflict
How to fix Error Code 30183-28Step 1 Check Internet explorer Settings Configuration:
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type inetcpl.cpl and Press OK.
3. Goto Tools and Select Internet Options
4. Select Security Tab and Click on “Reset all zones to default level” if the button is active.
5. Press OK.
Step 2 Check Proxy Settings:
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter CMD and Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
Step 3 Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases error code 30183-28 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: