This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 30183-28 (404) if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while activating or installing office. This solutions applies for Office 2016, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office home and student. The error 30183-28 (404) generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will get error message while activating/reinstalling/installing Microsoft Office
- System may stop responding at times
- Microsoft Office stops responding.
Cause of 30183-28 (404) Error Code
- Corrupt Office installation files
- Internet connectivity issue
- Junk store location contains active threat
How to Resolve Error Code 30183-28 (404)Step 1 Get Rid of Unwanted Junk Files
1. Goto Control Panel and type “disk cleanup” in search box.
2. Select Disk Cleanup button.
3. Drive Selection Box will pop up. Select your Operating System drive and Click OK.
4. Tick all the check boxes and Press OK.
Step 2 Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily :
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter Firewall.cpl and Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 3 Disable Proxy:
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter CMD and Click OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
In most cases error code 30183-28 (404) should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: