This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 30174-4 (-247012889) if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error code 30174-4(-247012889) generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will get error Something went Wrong 30174-4(-247012889) while opening/configuring MS Office
- Slows down overall Windows performance
- Microsoft Office stops responding.
Cause of 30174-4(-247012889) Error Code
- Corrupt Core Ms office files
- Incompatible Internet proxy configuration
- Temp files location is infected with active malware
Other Iterations of the Error Code:
30174-4 (1392), 30174-4, 30174-4 (1920), 30174-4 (5)
Steps to resolve Error Code 30174-4(-247012889)Step 1 How to perform Disk cleanup:
1. In Start Search box type the Cleanmgr
2. Click on Disk Cleanup.
3. Drive Selection Box will open up. Select your Operating System drive and Press OK.
4. Tick all the check boxes and Press OK.
Step 2 Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily :
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 3 Check for system corruption:
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter CMD and Click OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
In most cases error code 30174-4(-247012889) should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.