This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 30174-4 (1392) if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error during installation or upgrade. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error 30174-4 (1392) generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will get error message “Something went wrong 30174-4 (1392)” when installing/upgrading MS Office
- Slow I/O Speed
- Microsoft Office stops responding.
Cause of 30174-4 (1392) Error Code
- Corrupt System Files
- Internet connectivity issue
- System DLL files conflict
Other Iterations of the Error Code:
30174-4, 30174-4 (1920), 30174-4 (5), 30174-4 (-247012889)
Steps to resolve Error Code 30174-4 (1392)Step 1 Check System Integrity:
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter CMD and Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “operating system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
Step 2 Remove conflicts within Windows
1. Goto Control Panel and type “disk cleanup” in search box.
2. Select Disk Cleanup button.
3. Drive Selection Box will pop up. Select your OS drive and Click OK.
4. Select all the check boxes and press OK.
Step 3 Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases error code 30174-4 (1392) should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.