This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 3-28 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while updating or installing office. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error code 3-28 generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will get an Error Message while updating/installing Microsoft Office
- Slow Overall System Performance
- Microsoft Office Application Will Stop.
Cause of 3-28 Error Code
- Corrupt Office apps
- Slow Internet Connection
- Microsoft office internal Application Conflict
How to fix Error Code 3-28Step 1 Check for system corruption:
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter CMD and Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “os” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
Step 2 Remove conflicts within Windows
1. Goto Control Panel and type “disk cleanup” in search box.
2. Click on Disk Cleanup button.
3. Drive Selection Box will pop up. Select your System drive and Click OK.
4. Select all the check boxes and click OK.
Step 3 Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases error code 3-28 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: