This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 2147483634-8 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while installing/repairing office. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error 2147483634-8 generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will get error message while launching/updating/installing Microsoft Office
- Slows down overall system performance
- Microsoft Office Application Will Stop.
Cause of 2147483634-8 Error Code
- Corrupt Office installation
- Incompatible Internet proxy configuration
- Junk files location is infected with active threat
Steps to resolve Error Code 2147483634-8Step 1 Verify Internet explorer Settings Configuration:
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter inetcpl.cpl and Click OK.
3. Goto Tools and Select Internet Options
4. Select Security Tab and Click on “Reset all zones to default level” if the button is active.
5. Press OK.
Step 2 Check if your network is behind Proxy:
1. In Start Searchbox type “CMD” (without qoutes)
2. Click on CMD.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
In most cases error code 2147483634-8 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: