This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 183-4 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while installing/repairing office. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error 183-4 generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will receive an Error Message while installing/updating Microsoft Office. The error may look like “Something Went Wrong – Error Code 183-4″
- Slow I/O Speed
- Microsoft Office stops responding.
Cause of 183-4 Error Code
- Corrupt System Files
- DNS Conflict
- Microsoft office internal Application Conflict
Steps to resolve Error Code 183-4Step 1 How to perform Disk cleanup
1. In Start Search box type the “Cleanmgr” (without qoutes)
2. Select Disk Cleanup.
3. Drive Selection Box will pop up. Select the Operating System drive and Click OK.
4. Tick all the check boxes and Press OK.
Step 2 Check Internet Settings :
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter inetcpl.cpl and Click OK.
3. Goto Tools and Select Internet Options
4. Select Security Tab and Click on “Reset all zones to default level” if the button is active.
5. Press OK.
In most cases error code 183-4 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: