This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 1224-4 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while installing/reinstalling office. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error 1224-4 generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will receive an Error Message while installing/updating Microsoft Office
- Low memory error
- Microsoft Office Applications stops responding.
Cause of 1224-4 Error Code
- Corrupt System Files
- Windows Firewall blocking the installation
- Microsoft office internal Application Conflict
How to fix Error Code 1224-4Step 1 Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
Step 2 Check for corrupt system files:
1. In Start Searchbox type Cmd
2. Click on CMD
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
Step 3 Check Internet Settings :
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter iexplore and Press OK.
3. Goto Tools and Select Internet Options
4. Select Security Tab and Click on “Reset all zones to default level” if the button is active.
5. Press OK.
In most cases error code 1224-4 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: