This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 12152-4 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while installing/re-installing or updating office. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error code 12152-4 generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
Symptoms of Error Code
- You will get error while installing/re-installing/updating Microsoft Office
- System may stop responding at times
- Ms Office Application Will Stop.
Cause of 12152-4 Error Code
- Corrupt Office application files
- DNS Conflict
- Junk files location is infected with active malware
How to Resolve Error Code 12152-4Step 1 Remove conflicts within Windows
1. Press Windows Key + R and Type Cleanmgr
2. Click OK.
3. Drive Selection Box will pop up. Select the OS drive and Click OK.
4. Tick all the check boxes and Click OK.
Step 2 Check for corrupt system files:
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type CMD and Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “operating system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
Step 3 Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases error code 12152-4 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors: